Monday, June 13, 2011

I Dream of the Places I've already Been! The British Edition!














A Night in the English Countryside, a very sweet dream...

The Cliveden  (Berkshire, England)

Wanna head out to the English country side, but not venture too far out of London? Then go to the Cliveden, the ultra fabulous former country house of the Astors'! 

The backdrop for my experience at the Cliveden was a party.  And while it was a ridiculously glamorous event, it was still just a party, not a proper overnight.  With that said, it's easy for me to day dream about what a stay here would be like:  A romantic evening spent under the canopy of an antique four-poster bed, Frette Linens, Molton Brown toiletries, a breakfast on the balcony—overlooking the perfectly manicured gardens—and a picnic lunch packed by the hotel for a boat ride down the Thames.  Not too bad for a stay in the country!  Now, let's make this dream a reality.  Can someone tell my gorgeous boyfriend that there is an idyllic weekend in the english countryside lingering in his future?  And can you tell him to throw in a massage and facial at their day spa while he's at it (he won't do a couples massage, i've already talked him into that once)!




Bottom Line, the Cliveden is the perfect setting to place the images you conjure in your head while reading a Jane Austin novel... an incredible mix of stately and romantic!  And if you just close your eyes, you can almost imagine the interesting characters who must have paraded around this estate when it was owned by the Astor's.  

To wrap it up: Stay at the Cliveden, take your significant other,or just yourself, and fall in love!


To stay at this incredible property, or to find more information to send to my boyfriend so he can take me there, follow the link below:



3 comments:

  1. You're making me vacation hungry! I'm loving the blog, Lyns! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bags are being packed as I write this comment on my IPAD which I will place in my carry-on just before boarding my flight to Heathrow! Love the thought of a quick trip to the english countryside, especially one that includes an indulgent stay in a giant four poster bed! Love your blog, where do we go next??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell us more about the party!!!!

    ReplyDelete